Lord knows…we all have budgets (and yes I do stretch mine from time to time – who really needs oil changes for their car anyways? That can wait….right?). That’s why I LOVE Swap Parties!
I’m always going through my closet and weeding out what I don’t need and it all goes to the Salvation Army anyhow. Why not get together with some of your girls and have a super fun night swapping your stuff out? You might hit the style jack pot and walk away with some sweet free items. Here’s how you do it:
1.Who to Invite
– 8 to 10 people (so that there is enough stuff to swap)
– People close in size to you if possible (although scarves, accessories, shoes, etc. can work for pretty much anyone)
– People close in style and lifestyle to you (rockers, business, mommies, sporty, ginger spice…)
2. What They Need to Bring
– A bottle of wine or nibblies
– 8-10 items they want to part with
– A bag or 2 for all of the treasures they find
3. What You Need
– Extra nibblies and refreshments
– Mood music of course (think “Pretty Woman”)
– Full length mirror
– Garment rack & hangers
– Cute serving trays for accessories/baskets for scarves, hats & gloves
– a large table (like a dining table) to display items
– Chips/tickets to give to each attendee for each garment brought (each person gets one chip/ticket per item they brought so they can leave with a maximum number of finds)
4. Establish Rules in the Invite
– Explain what kinds of things are needed/wanted/condition the items are expected to be in in the invite
– Explain the purpose of the chips/tickets and if you are going to use a colour coding of system (ex. blue = accessory and can only be used to swap for another accessory)
– Decide how the shopping will work: free-for-all? draw numbers and lowest numbers shop first? It’s up to you.
– Explain that all clothing and other items left at the end will be donated to a favourite charity.
oooooh! That gets me so inspired. Get ready my ladies. I may just have to set one up soon!
Other Popular Posts:
- Finding Your Style – Trying is NOT Buying
- Celebinspiration – Salma Hayak
- 1 Piece – 3 Ways : Black Pencil Skirt