So this today I’m off to New York for a girls’ weekend and I’m SO excited!
I haven’t been before but it’s always been on the “to do” list and it’s about time : )
On the Agenda
1. Broadway Show – “the Book of Mormon”
2. “The Accomplice” – part game, part theater, part tour
3. Tours – Statue of Liberty, NBC Studio Tour, Top of the Rock
4. Museums – MoMA, the Met, The Museum of Sex,
7. Some other Famous Gluten Free joints like:
- The Risotteria – Grilled Sandwiches and Pizza
- Bistango – Gluten Free Pasta and Beer
- S’Mac – GF Mac and Cheese! Every type of mac and cheese you could ever imagine ( I’m dying to try the Cajun Mac & Cheese – Cheddar & Pepper Jack cheeses, Andouille sausage, green pepper, onions, celery, garlic and, of course, some genuine Cajun seasoning YUM!)
Packing Light for New York
I always find it a challenge to “pack light”. Maybe it’s because I’m a mom (and you always need something you didn’t pack) or maybe I just hate wearing the same thing twice… who knows.
This time though, since I’m sans kids, I’m determined to only take a small bag with me and a purse.
The keys to packing light?
1. Pick all your clothes from the same colour palette so that they can mix and match (you’re much more able to create multiple outfits this way).
2. Check the weather forecast to make sure your wardrobe options are appropriate and versatile (in case of a last-minute weather change)
3. Decide on your outfits before going so you don’t pack things you don’t need. I have the worst habit of returning from trips with 5-7 things that never left the suitcase.
4. Try and wear each piece at lease twice.
Here are a couple of the pieces that I’m taking with me that will do double duty (casual/evening), which is the best way to get mileage out of your travel wardrobe.
Red/Coral Colored Sheath Dress:
Short Faux Wrap Dress in Cherry Blossom Print:
5. Bring LOTS of accessories.
Scarves, necklaces, earrings…they take up practically no room at all but can completely change up an outfit and multiply your travel wardrobe options.
That’s it for now! I’m off!
[Top Image Source]